TY - GEN N2 - J.H. Mesker Co. at at 1 Second Ave.; Peter Marker at 214 Main St.; Heilman Plow at what was formerly 101-27 Lower 1st St.; Old National Bank at 20 Main St.; Willard Library at 21 First Ave. ; Evansville Stove Works at 1401 W. Franklin St. Mesker (decorative iron works) was built around 1870 and became H.S. Schminke Tin Shop around 1895. The building was razed circa 1916. Peter Marker sold shoes and boots out of this 1890 building which was razed around 1964. Heilman Plow, aka the City Foundry, wasoriginally established in 1847 by William Heilman and his brother in-law Christian Katz, with the name changed to Vulcan Plow Works after the death of Heilman in 1890. It was razed in 1957 with only a small portion remaining. Old State National Bank moved into this new building in 1835, although apparently it was an 1855 remodel that added the Greek temple look seen here. In 1885 the name became Old National Bank, which remained here until 1916 when it moved to a new location; this building was razed in 1960. Willard Library opened in 1885. Although it is not part of the local public library system (Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library), it is a public library. The Evansville Stove Works information isn't entirely clear, but the business existed prior to its 1895 move (?) to this location. It moved again in 1904; at some time the factory seen here was razed. AB - J.H. Mesker Co. at at 1 Second Ave.; Peter Marker at 214 Main St.; Heilman Plow at what was formerly 101-27 Lower 1st St.; Old National Bank at 20 Main St.; Willard Library at 21 First Ave. ; Evansville Stove Works at 1401 W. Franklin St. Mesker (decorative iron works) was built around 1870 and became H.S. Schminke Tin Shop around 1895. The building was razed circa 1916. Peter Marker sold shoes and boots out of this 1890 building which was razed around 1964. Heilman Plow, aka the City Foundry, wasoriginally established in 1847 by William Heilman and his brother in-law Christian Katz, with the name changed to Vulcan Plow Works after the death of Heilman in 1890. It was razed in 1957 with only a small portion remaining. Old State National Bank moved into this new building in 1835, although apparently it was an 1855 remodel that added the Greek temple look seen here. In 1885 the name became Old National Bank, which remained here until 1916 when it moved to a new location; this building was razed in 1960. Willard Library opened in 1885. Although it is not part of the local public library system (Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library), it is a public library. The Evansville Stove Works information isn't entirely clear, but the business existed prior to its 1895 move (?) to this location. It moved again in 1904; at some time the factory seen here was razed. T1 - Businesses in Evansville, Indiana DA - 1900 DA - circa 1900 AU - Friends of Willard Library L1 - https://library.usi.edu/record/1522427/files/27240.jp2 PB - University of Southern Indiana LA - eng PY - 1900 PY - circa 1900 ID - 1522427 L4 - https://library.usi.edu/record/1522427/files/27240.jp2 KW - Local Businesses KW - Local History KW - Business and Industry KW - Photographs KW - Regional History KW - Related Materials -- 1851-1900 TI - Businesses in Evansville, Indiana Y1 - 1900 L2 - https://library.usi.edu/record/1522427/files/27240.jp2 LK - https://library.usi.edu/record/1522427/files/27240.jp2 UR - https://library.usi.edu/record/1522427/files/27240.jp2 ER -